The Samoan Circle – an Alternative panel discussion – Difference and convergence in professional markets – the good and the bad from people who’ve worked across the sector
Time: 5:20 pm - 12:00 am
Date: Day One | Monday 10th June 2019
Theatre: Main Conference Room
After a short break, we’ll re-convene for an informal and interactive session using the “Samoan Circle” format. Set up in the round, delegates will gather around a central circle to eavesdrop on a frank, facilitated, conversation which will initially be between four panellists who have worked in more than one sub-sector of professional services (accounting, law, property, consultancy). Audience members can join in the discussion by entering the “inner discussion circle” and sitting down.
We’ll start by asking how and why the sectors differ and sense-check reports of convergence. Other topics for discussion include:
– are “mega companies”, offering the full range of services from one shop, the future of professional services? Or will their continue to be value in specialisation?
The working principles of the Samoan Circle are:
- Only those in the inner circle may speak, until prompted to retire
- You can enter the inner circle at any time if you want to join the discussion
- You must finish your point and leave the inner circle when prompted by the facilitator
The bar is open, Sli.do awaits your questions / comments and we hope you’ll join in the conversation. It could be lively!
- Chris Bull Executive Director - Kingsmead Square & The Intuity Alliance